The mission of Frank Defino Central School is to provide a safe, nurturing environment of mutual respect while inspiring children to achieve their academic potential. Students are valued for their individuality and diverse capabilities as they are taught to face the future and contribute to society with compassion, courage, knowledge and vision.
Our staff members recognize and accept the responsibility involved in choosing to be educators. We value and accommodate diversity of cultures, languages, learning styles, learning rates, types of intelligence, and ways of understanding. We work to support our learners, and expect the very best, because they are capable and we believe in them. Our teaching practices are both reflective of and responsive to the needs of our students. Through staff development and collaboration, teachers utilize new learning and site-based expertise to best serve the needs of students. Learners' progress is evaluated through ongoing formative assessment and we look for clear evidence that there is movement toward mastery of content standards. Every teacher sets specific and measureable Student Growth Objectives and strives to see growth in each and every student.
The staff believes and endorses the philosophy of the Marlboro Township school district and understands that dedication, commitment, and love are essential if each student is to receive a chance at equal educational opportunities. The staff recognizes that students who feel positive are better learners, and supports the rights of each student:
1. To know his/her own worth and importance to our school.
2. To have regular success (academic and social).
3. To be encouraged to work to optimum potential in reaching the academic skills outlined in the school curriculum.
4. To be encouraged to find his/her own individual media of creativity.
5. To be proud and to learn more about his/her own culture and heritage.
6. To have the opportunity for parents to be an integral part in the development of academic skills, good school attendance, completion of homework, moral character, and ethical values cherished by family and school
OUR STUDENT MOTTO………. “Treat others the way you want to be treated.”